Home and business owners usually neglect to maintain their garage doors. Garage doors have many uses. They contribute to the appearance of homes and are important to businesses. They provide very convenient and useful functions. It would be very inconvenient for your home or business to have a broken garage door unexpectedly one day. Don’t forget to take care of your garage door. Here are some ways you could maintain it.
- Inspect the tracks to detect any damage from dents. You can fix the minor dents or blemishes using a rubber hammer but if there is any big damage, then you may need complete replacement of the tracks.
- Ensure that the tracks are in properly leveled and aligned. If not, you can lose the brackets in which the tracks are mounted and then tap them till they become plumb towards each other while slightly bend towards the garage back.
- Clean the tracks. Thoroughly clear all the debris and dirt from the tracks. For this you can use a big paint brush and for deep cleaning use a household cleaner.
- Properly lubricate tracks, its rollers and pulleys. You can use the special sprays for lubrication or powdered graphite or household lubrication.
- Inspect the nuts and bolts as well as fasteners. If you find anything loose, tighten it.
These tasks can be done by someone with no maintenance experience, but if you notice a problem that won’t go away from simple maintenance, you should call to get a professional technician to inspect your garage door.